[RE-wrenches] Current limiting fuse at battery bank

Tom Ruscitti truscitti at taitem.com
Fri Oct 23 12:45:58 PDT 2015

Thanks, everyone. I see I'm not the only one juggling competing concerns
on the battery fuse issue. For the service call that motivated my query
I think we'll leave it as is - the installation has short battery cables
in conduit into an Outback system, and no easy way to mount a fuse
external to the battery box. On new installations with an external fuse
made up in a PVC box and a CB on the inverter end, it's hard to see an
actual safety reason to provide an isolating disconnect on the battery
side as well. That NEC requirement makes good sense for 600V but...

Thanks,

- Tom

--
Tom Ruscitti