[RE-wrenches] AGS sensitive battery charger

Chris Daum chris at OasisMontana.com
Thu Oct 15 16:51:22 PDT 2015

Yes, but how do you integrate a sensor with an Iota?  And I don't think they
make a 30A (or higher would be fine, he's got a bigass generator) 48V
charger....   I got ears, but I've never heard of such a thing.  It just
seems like a damn shame to buy a big inverter when I just need a decent
charger with an AGS module!  But I'm not technically inclined enough to rig
some voltage-sensitive relay, or the like.

--Chris @ the Oasis MT

  _____

From: RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On
Behalf Of boB at midnitesolar.com
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:29 PM
To: info at windsine.org; RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] AGS sensitive battery charger

We are not really advocating doing this.  It can cause nightmares in service
and support.

If one really knows what they are doing, it can be done (and has been done)
but mere mortals should not
be attempting to do this.

I would get a real AC to DC charger.  If  IOTA isn't good enough, maybe
Magnum's is
ready or did I hear that the big  "X" has had one or two of these for quite
some time now ?

Power factor corrected even ?

boB