[RE-wrenches] DPW Rack Problems

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:38:20 PDT 2015

Wrenches.....We have used the DPW products, primarily their top of pole
racks for years....we have well over a hundred of the racks installed....We
love their simplicity, and ease of assembly....We have never once had a
problem with an installed rack....never had a failure of any kind....We
appreciate the fact that they supply extra hardware with each
shipment.....Inevitably we drop parts and a few extras are always
appreciated.....
For us it is the details...We get comfortable installing something we have
done many many times....we are able to predict our pace and therefore we
can give our customers accurate bids which leave us not over bidding or
under bidding....Changes are  sometimes necessary and a result of
innovation or improvements....Its the communication which sometimes
lags....knowledge is power....When we know we are going to be dealing with
some change it is easier for us to predict and anticipate changes to our
habits....and therefore planning as well....predictability is our friend!!!
Our recent experiences have left us a bit disgruntled....while the quality
of the installed DPW racks has not changed or degraded we have been left
with carrying the extra burden of some of the changes....I am glad to ehar
the new paint is going to be new again...Hopefully it will not have the
same issues with regards to the packaging sticking to the wet(ish) paint
and leaving us with a headache of trying to figure out how to clean off
imprints of paper, styrafoam and shrink wrap off of the strong back....

DPW has been a great partner over the years....Growing pains affect us
all....Sometimes they are more noticable than others....
Communication is key!!!  I will likely continue to use their top of pole
racks, as I haven't found any better options....
I value the effect this list has on maintaining the pressure on
manufacturers to be responsive to us installers who are on the front lines
of making their products fit into the market place....We all have our areas
of expertise....and each step is important.....I for one am not interested
in becoming a racking manufacturer!!!
Cheers....

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa