[RE-wrenches] Flying with Makita batteries in checked or carryon?

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:46:31 PDT 2015

I usually try to ship tools and materials ahead of time, but have flown
with plenty of tools/batteries and aerosols and various chemicals that you
probably shouldnt fly with (all of these have been in checked bags). Ive
had my bags searched plenty of times, and never have there been any issues,
except once TSA took and discarded my sunscreen!!, which had the top taped
shut. -I found that pretty strange, and flew home with a sunburn. You'll
probably be fine.

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org