[RE-wrenches] large array on 200 amp service

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Fri Sep 25 08:15:33 PDT 2015

One way, if you want the feed to be on the customer’s side of the meter, is to install a new service panel with meter jaws that are designed to be “double lugged”. That is the two lugs on the customer side have accommodation for a solar backfeed. There are rules about the OCP and disconnect, but the entire arrangement is code compliant.

Not every manu sells these panels, and off the top of my head I can’t remember the one we used many years ago. I’ll find out the make and model if you want.

-          Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D.

President, SolarGnosis

1107 Fair Oaks Ave.

Suite 351

South Pasadena, CA 91030

(323) 839-6108

petertor at pobox.com

NABCEP Certified PV Professional #031806-26