[RE-wrenches] panel failure

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:37:58 PDT 2015

HI Ron,

I have seen this a few times.  And just a month or so ago.

You can measure VOC and its right.  You can measure ISC and its right, but no power.

As someone said, there is a weak/bad connection.  Usually its on a main ribbon.
Its just barely making connection.  Enough you can get VOC.  And when you go for ISC with good sun, it’ll arc and give you good connection there.
But for reasons I don’t understand, it doesn’t always make that connection for power.

I even had one module that if you shorted it (ISC) and then connected it to load it would work, but next morning, nothing.

I’d check the junction box first, but you might also find something in the main ribbon connections.  A thermal gun might find it.

good luck,

jay

peltz power
sent 7:37am  9/16/15