[RE-wrenches] panel failure

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:52:35 PDT 2015

Although i cant vouch for 20 year old siemens, my siemens modules (14 yr
old sp-150s) had an intermittent connection develop between the stainless
ribbon that exits the back sheet and the terminal where the blocking diodes
connect (3 diodes). They used a spot welder to join the materials. This had
opened up - the small spot welds broke.  Like I said, yours may be
different, but might be worth a shot scoping out the integrity of these
connections. This would be on the posts that feed the blocking diodes, so
before the diodes.

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org