[RE-wrenches] Fronius Warranty Problems

James "Jibril" Gustafson djibrilfall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 08:47:27 PDT 2015

Hi There,

So, for the last 5 years or so I have done an unreasonable number of RMA's
on Fronius IG inverters, mostly installed by others.  The tech support has
been decent, the replacement inverters arrive quickly, and I have always
received a check with in 30-60 days for the warranty work. It seems that
the IG line is pretty problematic and the units that were installed  5-10
years ago are reaching the end of their life span.  I've started to really
hate those blue IG's, with their tight disconnect box, dangerous, difficult
DC terminals, and the need to remove the whole unit, including disconnect
box, for an RMA.  Just this year I have done 7 RMA's on two IG's.  One
replacement inverter threw an error code as soon as we turned it on(damaged
in shipping), another ground fault card was bad out of the box.  I don't
really mind the work, the checks are good, but it's frustrating and doesn't
inspire confidence in customers. I have also done several RMA's on Fronius
 IG+ inverters. For these reasons I don't spec Fronius products for new
installs.  Also, where is the "bitching list"?  I have a rant saved up for
Tigo Energy. Thank You,

Peace and Light,

James "Jibril" Gustafson
Tava Solar LLC