[RE-wrenches] wiring methods between arrays

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Fri Aug 14 07:41:20 PDT 2015

August,

        I have made many a times a 1" or 3/4" steel threaded coupling welded to a small pc of  3/16" X 1" X 3" long steel (coming off at a right angle).  The pc welded to the coupling has a 5/16" hole in it to be able to use the DPW turn-bolt to secure it their rack just inboard of the edge of the array.  In one end of the coupling I install a strain relief, the other a carflex fitting or EMT male adapter (TA)....I think you get the rest.

        Its solid because the ends of the conduit are bolted to the rack and of course you could secure midway if necessary, no roof penetrations, usually.  Of course this only works for ~4, 10 Ga. 'PV wire' size wires, but its one option.  Could include a pic but currently on vacation.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric