[RE-wrenches] co-op rules.

SES solarenergysolutions at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 11:08:43 PDT 2015

Up here and Portland General Electric land and according to our net metering laws we are allowed to produce as much energy as we consume in a years time.  March 1 is the annual trueout  point. If you produces more than you consume over the course of the year that extra power is lost to PGE.  You are only allowed to design systems that are 98% of your last years energy consumption.  The net metering model is ridiculous because it discourages further conservation.

I believe the technical  solution to global climate change is the financial model that has most rapidly integrated  solar within those countries that have adopted a "Feed In Tariff" model.

The solar industry should be fighting with everything they have to resist any restrictions on solar systems on businesses and residences.  This would include any restrictions on the amount of power that can be produced and the footprint available to residential solar.

Any Compromise at this point would be self-defeating.