[RE-wrenches] Generator brains

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Thu Jul 16 08:03:25 PDT 2015

Wrenches,

        We recently discussed the significant load the brains of  many
gensets requires, especially in off-grid.  I have been trying to keep the
start battery and brains of a Kohler 14KW gen charged with a ~40 PV.  This
works fine until the winter.

        Any issues with keeping that PV connected (with its charge
controller) and re-connecting the supplied-by-Kohler power source connection
to keep the battery and brains happy?  I would like to think the PV would
take some of the load off the AC connection to the main off-grid system,
with no conflicts.

TIA

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric