[RE-wrenches] OutBack 2024 troubleshooting question

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Jul 14 20:24:17 PDT 2015

Seems like something wrong with the generator, if the Vac is going that
low, or there's a loose connection eating voltage somewhere.
The Outback might still try to charge, but not be able to actually
produce any amps with that low an input voltage.
Check the Vac at the genny when this is happening, and if its still good
there, work towards the inverter looking for where those pesky missing
volts are going.
Might be the input plug right at the genny, those take a beating and
quit making good contact.  After a while they'll get so hot they melt.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician