[RE-wrenches] Clamp on Meter

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Jul 15 16:20:20 PDT 2015

Hi All;

My Fluke 36 clamp on DC meter just died again.  It will not zero. This
happened before, and I had it repaired, but I think its time for a new
one, as its 15 years old.
What are folks using these days?  I'm looking at the Fluke 376; it does
AC/DC current, but also is rated to 1000 v, which makes it useful for
the new higher voltage arrays.
I was also looking at some of the clamp on Power Quality meters, like
the Amprobe ACD-41PQ, or the Extech 382075 Power quality meter.  The
Fluke 345 is beyond my budget right now, and doesn't go to 1000 v.
I need the DC current ability now, but adding power factor, and THD
readings would be a serious bonus.
I may just get the Fluke 376, and save my pennies up for the power
quality meter for Christmas....
As always your invaluable input and experiences are greatly appreciated.

--
R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc