[RE-wrenches] Mate Drop and Charge Functions

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:11:51 PDT 2015

This is a great list and great conversation.
Phil, I'd love to try the Mate 3, but the price point on it, flexnet DC and
hub (or whatever the new one is called) is really high. A hard sell.My
'challenge' is getting a customer to buy it since I specialize in small,
very remote off grid systems.
Jay, I have problems with Magnum too especially with load surge
performance, and certain generator models that it just won't play nice with
for charging. And in my own personal off-grid situation, making Magnum play
nice with NiFe batteries, but the remote tipped my scales to Magnum.

On a side note, password protection features on a Bogart system monitor and
outback charge controller saved my butt a few years ago. The client was an
irresponsible 23 year old trust fund baby, and he burned through 8 nice
L-16s in a year and said it was my fault. He tried to scramble all the
settings to erase DOD and votage  readings, but could only erase recent
info. Lawyers involved, etc, and the meeting was under an hour -- unlock
the 2 units with the password, show the lawyer the data, and give him a
copy of my battery care/maintenance booklet and maint logs (untouched).
Even got the contract to replace the batteries before the place went up for
sale.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342