[RE-wrenches] Battery Bank to Inverter Wiring

jerrysgarage01 jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:21:26 PDT 2015

Wrenches
We always try to minimize in connection cables as well as home run cables to the shorted length possible, restating batteries to aid this should always be considered as well as positive and negative runs
Jerry

Which brings up another question based on Benn's question:  isn't the battery itself part of the inductive loop?  and would the lead inside and steel cases act to increase the inductance?  Should we consider changing battery layouts not just to shorten cable lengths, but to counter inductance in the batteries themselves?  If needed, we could actually wire the batteries to "twist" by putting every other 2 v cell in the opposite row.
My guess is that it wouldn't be worth it, but I've been wrong many times.......

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician