[RE-wrenches] Module defect? Cell interconnections

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Tue Jun 23 14:42:58 PDT 2015

Thanks for your comments Brian.  I would also consider these to be "low
grade", even though we did not order or pay for "low grade".  I did get in
touch with the module manufacturer and found out that these did sneak past
their QC checkpoint.  I was told that their general tolerance for the
bus/ribbon alignment is within 1/2 the ribbon width.

I was told that internal arcing is not a concern here because the
individual cell is at the same potential, so arcing should not happen with
the ribbon/bus being misaligned.
Yes, the small amount of cell shading will reduce output, but it is a
minute amount of shading, so the loss is negligible.(?)

I would appreciate any feedback from any other module manufacturers on
this, if we have any on this list?

Benn

*Benn Kilburn *
CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
6706 – 82 Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T6B 0E7
P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
[image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
<https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]