[RE-wrenches] SI/SB MicroGrid - Recovery From Low Battery Shut Off

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 7 07:34:00 PDT 2015

This discussion reminds me of the microgrids installed in Nepal. Once they
had electricity, villagers loaded down their houses with loads they could
never have before.  Soon the NGO's were searching houses for browned out
light bulbs with flashlights. In Nepal they could use fuse wire. Whether it
is a fishing camp, a neighborhood system or simply members of the same
family, and regardless of the technology, this is a chronic conflict of
social responsibility vers "I'll get mine." It will remain an issue with
microgrids.

Bill Dorsett