[RE-wrenches] SI/SB MicroGrid - Recovery From Low Battery Shut Off

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 09:11:12 PDT 2015

This seams to be a very common ovetsite by some solar pro's you are correct
if the system shuts down even in the case of an SI battery sensor or low
voltage the entire system is down, if there is a genny on site this may
prevent it if it has fuel. I see this issue and get asked a lot what can be
done and a simple but not cheap fix is to put part of the array on a CC
with some panels just to help the battery connect voltage come back. The
newer SI software will increase run tome to give the inverters time to
re-start before the crash again, this will help once you get your voltage
back up. We have also used a 48 volt battery charger to do this with a back
up genny. I am sire there has to be some other work arounds but this is
what I have done.
Jerry
Ca, Hi, Tx, Co, Nv, Gm.