[RE-wrenches] Morningstar new battery backup , more comments and opinions

Bill Hennessy bill at berkssolar.com
Wed Jun 3 18:26:36 PDT 2015

We've been using ac coupling with Magnum's when adding backup to a grid-tied system.
The switchover is automatic and fast. With the Magnums, there is need for a charge controller, but the installation and wiring does take more than a day (meow).
Why would anyone want a manual transfer switch for backup? If you are gone and the power fails, it would be nice to know the sump pump will continue to work, the freezer will run and the heating system will keep the pipes from freezing.

 Bill Hennessy
Berks Solar, LLC
371 Centennial Rd
Mertztown, PA 19539