[RE-wrenches] Morningstar new battery backup , more comments and opinions

Jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:25:11 PDT 2015

Hi all

I also question this.
Ok so there is a power outage. If I understand correctly it's a manual disco.
So now you have be home and know what to do, and you have to remember to turn it back the other way.
And it's going to be expensive. Their straight disco one is what $1700?

VS. AC coupling which will do it all automatically.

Biggest reason I could see is for the small amount of folks with non AC coupling battery back up inverters.

I think it's a cool piece of kit, but I don't see it as a big seller.

Jay

Peltz power.