[RE-wrenches] Voltage Degradation with Uni-Solar laminate

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:27:18 PDT 2015

Thanks to everyone for your responses, both on and off-list. You guys rock.

Allan,
The system was originally installed in 2000 with an Ananda controller/disconnect box. The giant one with the mercury relays. It failed about 6 years ago and an MX-60 was installed to replace it. I agree that a modern controller is a no-brainer. I'd like to avoid having to replace the MX-60, but i don't see any way around it if I do a re-wire.

To Ray's point, doing the string sizing exercise shows that a Classic 250 with 8 mods in series is probably the easiest solution, although there might be clipping in some circumstances.
The existing MX-60 is in trouble for anything over 5 in series.
-Luke