[RE-wrenches] Hot water heater heat pumps

Phil Forest pforest at southmountain.com
Tue May 26 15:43:15 PDT 2015

Wrenches,
My take so far on this great discussion about heat pump hot water heaters (HPHW's) for domestic hot water:
A HPHW powered by off-grid PV could be very effective, if there was a timer which controlled it to only operate during daylight, so it doesn't load the batteries at night.  And the HPHW cools and dries the appropriately large space where installed, which food, beer and batteries are stored.

Phil Forest
South Mountain Company