[RE-wrenches] FLA battery setpoints with larger arrays

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sat May 23 17:59:11 PDT 2015

On 5/23/2015 11:37 AM, Luke Christy wrote:
> Jay's point about adding PV to offset daytime AC for the battery bank brings up the issue of active cooling.
>
> How many folks out there are installing some form of cooling for LA battery banks, and how are you implementing it?

As long as some FLA battery systems use "vent fans", just arrange them so
that they move air past the batteries to cool them at the same time ?
That's when they're going to get hottest anyway.

FLA batteries will freeze easier if they are discharged.  I suppose that
you could
use the battery temp sensor to make sure you charge them up good when
the temp gets cold enough.

boB