[RE-wrenches] FLA battery setpoints with larger arrays

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Fri May 22 11:47:20 PDT 2015

In addition, when someone leaves the system for long periods of time,
the ending amps can help BUT that is
not the same as giving them a good de-sulfating Absorb cycle once in a
while.

This is where it is nice to give them a good Absorb for some hours
without the ending amps but only
every so often.  Maybe once per week or two ?   Jay and I talked about a
"Vacation Mode" a while back..

The Classic can be set to skip a number of days of Bulk/Absorb cycles.
This works well.
You can also set a high battery temperature to stop charging at. It's in
one of the CHARGE menus.

There are all sorts of neat things you could do to keep FLA batteries
alive longer I think.
Like what Kent Osterberg in Oregon mentioned...   Every so many days,
start a timed Absorb
after the current has fallen below ending amps.

So many good ideas, so little time !

boB