[RE-wrenches] Xantrex C-40 Drifting

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Thu May 14 22:06:14 PDT 2015

We have lots of C40's out there, though not generally with such small PV input, don't recall any issues with drifting. I just installed one and verifying the potentiometer settings with DVM was bang on.

For a recommended substitute, consider the Blue Sky units such as:
http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com/products/details/solar_boost_1524ix

We use in lots of industrial telemetry sites with similar configs - small PV with AGM batts. Solid performing controller with a bonus of some datalogging.

Kevin