[RE-wrenches] Tesla Powerwall battery paired with solar

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sat May 2 00:12:16 PDT 2015

When I was at Intersolar 2 years ago in Munich I saw Solar Edge's system.
This article mentioned them as one of their partners.

This was for Europe's "Self Consumption" program.  The solar array is
somewhere
around 400 volts DC, regulated somewhat by the optimizers, and feeds
into the
input of the bi-directional inverter and at the same time, to the
bi-directional
charge controller and into the batteries (48V I think)

So the charge controller can take from the batteries and feed to the
400V (ish)
bus and come out the inverter as AC to the grid and of course to power
the house.

There was a whole bunch of this kind of battery-solar interactive stuff
at that show.
It was a pretty cool thing.  They (Germany, etc) want to be able to
offset the utility
usage during peak times to relieve the grid.

I figured it was just a matter of time before something like this might
show up here.
I think this may be similar except at 400V battery.

But  this new system, with the inverters as small power wise as they are
going to
start out as, will not quite "power your house" ?

The article I read made it sound like this was something  brand new.

Imagine, people making their own electricity ?  Can't be done ! Can it ?

boB