[RE-wrenches] Water level testing

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:56:30 PDT 2015

There's an Arduino project that uses the same method but uses an aquarium
pump and an electronic pressure sensor. The advantage is you get constant
data over the network and you can use a relay to disable to the pump at
predetermined depths.
http://www.practicalarduino.com/projects/water-tank-depth-sensor

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Allan Sindelar <allan at sindelarsolar.com>
wrote:

>  For those Wrenches that work with deep-well water pumping installations,
> the attached guide is useful to file away for later use. Windy sent it to
> me, and it has three options for determining the depth of water in a well.
> I taped a 1/4" plastic irrigation tube to the hand-installation-method
> bundle of flexible pipe, wire, signal wire and safety rope in an
> installation yesterday. Easy rough-in for testing water table drop and pump
> submergence over years.
>
> The guide was published in 2000 by the Oregon State University Extension
> Service.
> Allan
>
>  *Allan Sindelar*
> allan at sindelarsolar.com
> NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional
> NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
> New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
> Founder (Retired), Positive Energy, Inc.
> *505 780-2738 <505%20780-2738> cell*
>

>  -------- Forwarded Message --------  Subject: air tube for water level
> testing  Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:07:37 -0600  From: Windy Dankoff  To: Allan
> Sindelar
>
> Following is a very cheap means of testing depth to water, pump running or not.
>
> Allan - Get 230 feet of 1/4" irrigation tube to put down the well. It will be used to make pressure test at any time, using a bicycle pump.
>
> Instructions attached. This will be for use of the "Air Line" method shown on this doc. Tape the tubing to the pipe, along with the level probe
> cable. The bottom of tube can be where the probe is - just above the check valve.

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts