[RE-wrenches] flushing DHW collectors

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Apr 17 13:17:32 PDT 2015

Kirk,

Any idea what kind of glycol was in the system? I’ve seen systems stagnate
for several years where the propylene glycol was still fine if it was good
quality. I’ve seen people use the automotive grade propylene glycol such as
Sierra brand antifreeze with poor results.

I think Glenn’s suggestion of flushing with a TSP solution is a good way to
go.

Good luck, sounds like a messy situation!

Best,

August