[RE-wrenches] Question on Back up generators

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Fri Apr 10 07:50:13 PDT 2015

We have always recommended the Kohler 8.5 over the years, even though they
have stopped warranting them for off-grid several years ago (a local
dealer is willing to work with clients to make this work...) .  We are
definitely interested in finding a reliable off-grid generator that is
warranted as such, that we can recommend.

I have been told by a reliable source, that the Generac water cooled
gennies are a low rpm, reliable beast, completely different than the air
cooled line, although I have no direct experience with them.  This is from
a dealer that won't sell their air cooled generators.  Curios to hear if
anyone has used them.

Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™

Catamount Solar, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric & Hot Water Incentive Partner
http://www.CatamountSolar.com
802-272-0004