[RE-wrenches] ITC

Larry larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Mar 27 16:34:43 PDT 2015

On 3/27/15 1:04 PM, Gary Willett wrote:
> ....but if a business owned PV system is involved, and does not
> involve a personal 1040 tax return /_or a residential PV system, the
> 30% residential energy credit does not apply_/ - the Form 3468
> investment tax credit is used.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary Willett
> Icarus Solar
> Irving TX

Hi Gary,

The PV system does not have to be a residential system to qualify. The
tax credit applies to any "dwelling unit" owned by the individual
including a recreational vehicle. We have had hundreds of customers take
the credit over the last few years for systems installed on RV's.

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems
www.starlightsolar.com