[RE-wrenches] 48 VDC to 24 VDC Relay

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Fri Mar 27 12:45:56 PDT 2015

On 3/27/2015 1:20 PM, Chris Worcester wrote:
> We do have the damper motor running on the Samlex 48V to 24V converter,
> now we need a relay to switch the motor when the divert load switches
> on/off.

The divert controller is going to be PWM'ing whatever is connected to. A
relay won't be happy being driven by that. You need a voltage controlled
switch that will come on at the same time as your dump controller
should. Outback and Midnite charger controllers will have an AUX contact
that can do that. Morningstar has their Relay Driver. And there are a
host of other outfits that make voltage controlled switches.

Or you could control the actuator based on temperature, like they
usually are.

Good luck,

-James Jefferson Jarvis
APRS World, LLC