[RE-wrenches] Using a Midnite Classic for Hydro

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Mar 20 09:31:14 PDT 2015

Thanks Jay. My preferred method and most economical as well as no cost was also mentioned by you I was just asking if anyone can fault it -  "8. Other option.  You can run the CC set points 5v above what you want and then run AUX 2 5v below ( or what you actually want) and then connect the AUX 2 to the dump load.  So it'll dump as the bulk/absorb/float. So the CC will never disconnect, but the diversion load will act like it is". This gives me full charge regulation while the CC is ALWAYS charging with the AUX doing the actual regulation. I'll stick in a time delay to minimize rapid cycling and we're good to go. I would have approached this design very differently had I known that the Classic would not actually protect the turbine from freewheeling w/o a $1000+ add on. I probably would have gone with 48V transmission and spent the money or highly reliable wire instead. However, the more I think about this AUX control method the better it is sounding as it allows high V transmission.

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/550c4b8ccd8834b8c07e6st04vuc