[RE-wrenches] Chofu Hot Tub Heater

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:02:31 PST 2015

Snorkel or their Scuba. The Scuba is made for shallow 2 ft stock tanks.My 2
installations have been fine for a couple decades. No plumbing required.
The Chofu had a thermosiphon thing going on. For the Snorkels.I do use a
circulation pump  a few minutes at a time-- just a submerisble bilge pump
at the bottom, otherwise you'll be out there with a  canoe paddle
eliminating stratification, which (ahem) tends to make some body parts
uncomfortably toasty for a short period of time as one eases into the tub.
At some point I wish to put my Scuba in a small greenhouse to make it work
year-round, and pre-heat with a simple solar DHW system.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342