[RE-wrenches] 300W 72 cell micro inverters

Jarmo.Venalainen at schneider-electric.com Jarmo.Venalainen at schneider-electric.com
Tue Feb 10 10:05:05 PST 2015

Hi:

One thing to keep in mind with clipping, (module over sizing), is that if
a system has 10%-15% off clipping, that will not affect total annual
energy harvest and depending on dust and temperature conditions will
likely even improve it.

Heres' a graph which shows the energy harvest graphically for a 250W
module with a 250W inverter and a and 300W module with a 250W inverter.

Please note the graph does not include any dust effects.  To compensate
for dust, the modules should always be of the order of 4% more powerful
than the inverter, unless you plan on washing modules every month.

Related to this, large commercial systems we have been supplying inverters
to are 30-70% oversized as the sinking cost of modules makes the return on
investment come out as maximized in that range of oversizing,

JARMO

Jarmo Venalainen  |   Schneider Electric   |  Xantrex Brand  |   CANADA  |
  Sales Application Engineer
Phone: +604-422-2528  |   Tech Support: 800-670-0707  |   Mobile:
+604-505-0291
Email: jarmo.venalainen at schneider-electric.com  |   Site: www.Xantrex.com
|   Address: 3700 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC V5G4M1

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail