[RE-wrenches] Cable crimper question

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:40:26 PST 2015

I have the $50 harbor freight one, and it works fine once you do the metric
conversion and then ignore the die size and do your own testing. For the
big stuff of #2 and above, I use my hammer crimper. But this cheap tool
will certainly crimp the s**t out of smaller sizes. Lots of us older folk
have wrist issues, and applying enough pressure with the usual Klein tool
is painful, and you never know how much pressure is really applied. All I
can say is that my wrists are happy.$50 plus $50 = no pain.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342