[RE-wrenches] Extreme snow load ground mount?

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Fri Jan 16 21:17:11 PST 2015

Lars,

        Yes, the only way you can even consider an install like this is a pole mount, with a steep tilt in the winter to shed most of the snow.  It would help to know if the place will be used in the winter or summer  and how big of an array in KW or Sq Ft.  Customer would have to understand that you cannot guarantee it...there are some combinations of wind-snow-temp-moisture that make snow cling to anything.  If this is permitted, start dropping off cookies to an engineer.

Bill
Where the Sierra meets the Cascades