[RE-wrenches] Xantrex TR series inverter

RM You solareagle at solareagle.com
Thu Sep 24 15:13:13 PDT 2015

Hi guys, I recently took a Xantrex TR series inverter on trade from a customer who is upgrading. According to the inverter spec sheet the inverter is capable of equalizing the batteries but I can’t figure out how. The manual says absolutely nothing about how to invoke equalizing, just shows the equalize voltage. I have not been a big Xantrex fan so have sold very few of their inverters over the years. Can anyone tell me the secret to making this beast go into equalize mode? There is a remote for it but all it does is turn the unit on and off. On the older Trace DR inverters equalize is clearly shown on the Battery Type Selector on the front of the inverter.

This unit is a Xantrex TR 2412-120-60 but the same info would apply to 1512 up to the 3624 of the same series. Thanks for any help!

Ron Young