[RE-wrenches] Iron Edison Batteries

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Sun Jul 26 16:34:49 PDT 2015

I have a friend who has forty ( 40 ) Iron Edison Batteries , he says they are each 1.5 volts and wants to use them for a backup to his aquatics business's . Continuous load 24/7 is only 365 watts with surges to 1200 watts . My guess is that ___# of batteries ( maybe 32 to 36 ? ) can be wire as a 48 volt system ? Any suggestion on charge controllers - Morningstar or MidNite ? . .? A Samplex pure sign wave inverter 2000 watts at 48 volts and an Iota 54 volt battery charger is my guess that it might be the way to power the load - any suggestions  . Anyone have experience with Iron Edison .any suggestions appreciated !  Gator tom PS : any suggested websites ?

Sent from my iPad