[RE-wrenches] Integrating with Lightning Protection

Garrison Riegel garrison at solarserviceinc.com
Thu Jun 4 11:03:19 PDT 2015

Wrenches,

Does anyone have any best practice recommendations (or books, articles, etc)
for integrating a roof mounted PV system with a lightning protection system?
Bare #6 copper and a split bolt to the braided copper connecting air
terminals?  At both ends of the array?

Or should we not bond these systems on the roof?  Opinions on a 2009
Wrenches thread varied, but I've heard it from a few sources that these
should be bonded directly.  Wondering if there is a general consensus at
this point?  Or strong opinions one way or the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Garrison Riegel

PV Operations Manager |  <http://www.solarserviceinc.com/> Solar Service Inc

[p] 847-677-0950 |  <mailto:garrison at solarserviceinc.com>
garrison at solarserviceinc.com

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalT