[RE-wrenches] Milwaukee Sub Scanner versus Bosch D-Tect versus others?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sat May 9 11:42:24 PDT 2015

Hello, Mechanix~

"Sub Scanner" was mentioned a couple of seasons back so I wonder if those
who "bought in" could "weigh in" with their opinions? My main goal is to
scan through composition shingles and find the trusses for anchor
points...with no goofs. Also I'd like to find wall studs when scanning
through synthetic stucco & exterior rigid foam insulation.

Bosch D-Tect 150 is a more costly version in this glorified "stud finder"
category; that one seems to have a bigger display and no need for
calibration. Could I get user opinions on that?

...and then DeWalt had their version which picked up some bad reviews and I
think that was replaced with a new model so now I'm thoroughly confused but
looking for installer opinions on these type products.

Contact me "off List" if there's an extra scanner-gizmo available for
purchase or for lease. Thanks in advance. The Wrench List is the Bomb!

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675