[RE-wrenches] How Is Rapid Shut-Down Not A Farse...

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Feb 5 17:08:40 PST 2015

...without a mandatory "Stop" switch co-located with the service meter
or main breaker?

How many roof top systems have been installed to date? Many, many, many,
many.

OK ,now I am a first responder showing up at a home that is on fire. How
do I know whether or not the DC has been installed such that it provided
the protections afforded by 690.12? I don't. Because it is not require
for systems conforming to 690.12 to look any different to me than those
that do not.

So does the "stop" switch become the new "fire fighters club" logo? If
you have the switch the FD will save your home, if you don't they will
let it burn down, even if you have a 690.12 compliant system that does
not include an "initiator switch"?

Mark Frye