[RE-wrenches] Aux Output on Outback Devices

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:11:41 PST 2014

The AUX output is protected by a PTC, which is like an analog
auto-resetting thermal fuse. It should save you most of the time. However,
PTCs are not calibrated devices, and the trip value changes based on
resistance and impedance of the fault, temperature, lateness of day,
distance from your shop, and whether the owner is looking over your
shoulder. I don't want to depend on the PTC saving my bacon anymore than I
want to use my car's airbags. Great to know it's there, never want to make
its acquaintance.

Sorry for the news,

Phil