[RE-wrenches] Parallel Wire combining

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Tue Dec 2 14:54:38 PST 2014

The "area" of the conductor will be 3 times and you would think that the
NEC Ampacity would also be 3 times
that of one conductor.   But one LARGE conductor with the same area
might not be as high as you think
because of insulation.  I would think that ampacity of 3 cables in
parallel would be 3 times.  But probably
not when you take a single cable of the 3X area out of the NEC table.
(I haven't looked at this to verify)

Also,  Larry,  325 AWG 750 AWG (gauge) wire is a bit too small for this,
don't you think ?

I know...  You mean circular mils...
boB