[RE-wrenches] Controlling a Generator without an inverter

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sat Nov 8 21:47:55 PST 2014

I was going to say to check out the Atkinson gen start unit.

The Classic and other simple voltage sense auxiliary  switches can be
used to start generators but
there isn't necessarily any  feedback to tell if the generator actually
started or not.

One thing that can be done for feedback is to watch the battery voltage
to rise after gen start
to see that it actually did start as is being done with the Kid MPPT
controller.

Generator stop is pretty much just as important as gen start.
You don't want to run out of fuel unnecessarily.

boB