[RE-wrenches] SPI 2014

Daniel Young dyoung at dovetailsolar.com
Wed Oct 29 12:24:09 PDT 2014

Thanks for the response David, this is what I was kind of expecting.

I was hoping for some sort of "magic box" that attached to the first, and
last module in the string, and would shut the string down if it lost signal
from the inverter. Similar to how solar edge works, but with only 1-2
units/string.

I like Solar Edge, but we try very hard to offer US made equipment as our
primary offering. Right now it seems that 690.12 is just increasing the US
made premium, to the point where I don't imagine US inverters will be even
5% of our residential installation base next year when 2014 NEC hits the
majority of our jurisdictions. Makes me sad.

With Regards,

Daniel Young,

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalTM: Cert #031508-90

NABCEP Certified Solar Heating InstallerTM: Cert #SH031409-13