[RE-wrenches] Mounting height

Garrison Riegel garrison at solarserviceinc.com
Wed Oct 22 11:11:20 PDT 2014

Bill,

See 2011 NEC 690.14(D) or 2014 NEC 690.15(A) Utility-Interactive Inverters Mounted in Not Readily Accessible Locations.  Basically there is no maximum height restriction for inverters but there are a number of requirements for AC and DC disconnecting means.  See NEC 404.8 for maximum disconnect height of 6’ 7”…although exception No. 2 may allow the disconnect to be accessible by portable means.  I don’t know of any minimum height requirements in the code, although most (all?) string and microinverter manufacturers specify a required clearance below the inverter.  I suppose that would be the minimum.

Garrison

Garrison Riegel

Project Manager |  <http://www.solarserviceinc.com/> Solar Service Inc

[p] 847-677-0950 |  <mailto:garrison at solarserviceinc.com> garrison at solarserviceinc.com

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™