[RE-wrenches] Grundfos SQFlex

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Oct 20 19:55:10 PDT 2014

"If you are not going to be using a PV-direct arrangement, there is  not much advantage in using the Flex pumps."

except efficiency. i have two wells at home and the grundfos sqflex pumps 50' of additional head at the same flow rate, using 30% less energy as compared to the standard, 3/4 hp pump down the other hole..

and yes, the cu200's label says up to 240 vac is fine.
as long as he has it, why not run the power through it?

todd

On Monday, October 20, 2014 7:24pm, "Brian Teitelbaum" <bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com> said:

> Hi Ron,
>
> What you describe with using a pressure switch and pressure tank, and just
> running the pump with 240 VAC, is fine. You don't need the CU-200 to do
> any of that, if all you are doing is switching AC. The diagnostics is
> nice, but probably not worth the cost in this kind of simple setup.
>
> One issue though. The SQFlex pumps are not exactly instant-on. There is a
> slight delay between when power is applied and the pump starts. Just make
> sure that you use a large enough pressure tank to keep the pressure from
> dropping too far before the pump starts filling it. You may have to raise
> the starting pressure on the switch a little above where you set the
> minimum pressure, to let it fall some at startup.
>
> When it becomes time to replace the pump (hopefully many years from now),
> I would just go with a Grundfos SQ straight AC pump instead of the Flex
> model. If you are not going to be using a PV-direct arrangement, there is
> not much advantage in using the Flex pumps.
>
> Brian Teitelbaum
> AEE solar

Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.