[RE-wrenches] Diode Failure

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:33:56 PDT 2014

Corey - yes, nearby lightning can zorch PV array diodes en masse, and not
always all the diodes at once. Provided they are accessible and not potted
in epoxy DigiKey can provide replacements. When the module manufacturer has
gone out of business, getting the precise specs can be impossible, but
there's nothing special about bypass diodes, the usual products should work
fine.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342