[RE-wrenches] Warranty replacements

Jason Szumlanski jason at szumlanski.com
Thu Oct 16 04:06:12 PDT 2014

Frankly, our issue is the UNsteady stream of service issues with both
string and microinverters. There isn't enough warranty or non-warranty
service work and it is too unpredictable to justify a dedicated PV service
department with dedicated personnel that can run economically. As a result,
we have to pull install crews from active installations to handle these
issues, which is neither economical nor good for our installation business.
As much as PV service is an annoyance for system owners, it's a huge
distraction for a small dealer. In fact, one competitor refuses to service
the systems they install. We have been picking up service business as a
result (we have a reputation for doing so and manufacturers call us), but
it's still not steady enough to handle well.

Jason Szumlanski