[RE-wrenches] Quantifying power quality

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun Oct 12 12:33:35 PDT 2014

Friends:

The system is off grid with:
3 SI6048s in 3 phase
2 SB5000s
1SB4000
1 Generac 40kw generator
A Savant home automation system with
Furman 1500 UPS.

Yes, when the SIs are running into the Furman we have cascading UPSs, but when the generator is powering loads it transfers straight through the SIS and then it is not cascading UPSs.

I would hope the Furman could "play nice" with the SIs and maybe it can. If indeed power quality from the SIs is acceptable, maybe we can program the Furman to be more accepting, or just shut off the beeper and email alarms and let it performed its intended function in silence.

I will evaluate if alarms are more prevalent during gen run or non-gen run. I will also contact Furman.

Thanks for the feedback.

William